Jersey Assurance™ Includes:
- A FREE replacement jersey, if the active pro player* you purchased switches teams within 90 days of purchase
- Fast, FREE, friendly claim and replacement process
- Claims need to be filed within 14 days of the qualifying event
What's Not Covered:
- Players not on a pro team's active roster
- Players no longer on the team due to retirement, suspension, injury, dismissal, or anything similar
- Team jersey changes (e.g., manufacturer, city, logo, name, or design)
- Player's name, number, or role with team has changed, but they have not switched teams
- Autographed jerseys
*Terms and Conditions
Fast, Friendly Claim & Replacement Process
- Complete a simple Jersey Assurance™ Program claim form in our help center
- Our Friendly support team will contact you if they need more information
- Package and ship us your original jersey purchased via a FREE return label you will recieve via email
- We ship your replacement jersey to you FREE of charge
- Crack open that package, throw on your brand new jersey and continue cheering as hard as ever
Jersey Assurance™ Program FAQs
What does Jersey Assurance™ cover?
- Jersey Assurance protects you when the player whose jersey you purchased from us switches teams.
How much does Jersey Assurance™ cost?
- It’s completely free, we’ll also pay for return shipping of the covered jersey.
How long does Jersey Assurance™ last?
- In most cases, your jersey is covered under Jersey Assurance™ for 90 days following your purchase from us. However, if you purchase your NBA jersey from www.fanatics.com, store.nba.com or the NBA Flagship Store at 545 5th Avenue in New York, New York using your valid American Express payment card, your jersey is covered under jersey assurance for 360 days following your date of purchase from such location. For player movement claims, you have 14 days to file a claim after the movement is officially announced by the team or league.
What kind of player-movement is covered?
- Jersey Assurance™ covers player movement as a result of trades and free agent signings.
What is not covered?
Jersey Assurance™ does not cover the following:
- Players who no longer play for a team because they were cut, retired, suspended, injured, incarcerated or any other reason (such as a player who signed with a team to retire with that team) except trade or free agent signing
- When a player’s number, name, or role changes, but the player has not switched teams
- When a team’s jersey changes (e.g. change in manufacturer, city, logo, team name, design, etc.)
- Autographed jerseys
- Any other apparel items that are not jerseys (e.g. tees, fleece, caps), as defined by us or defective jerseys
What if my original jersey purchase was for a retired player or did not include a name or number?
- If you purchased a Jersey without a player name and number or for a player who was cut, retired, or suspended, you are not eligible for a replacement jersey.
Do I need to register my jersey?
- No. There is an information form included in your post-purchase email for the purposes of improving our program that we’d like you to participate in but this is not required. However, you may be required to complete a form later in order to receive a replacement jersey. All eligible jerseys covered under our Jersey Assurance Plan will be honored under eligible circumstances.
What can I get as a replacement?
- For player movement claims, we will replace your jersey with any player from the original team you purchased or the new team jersey of the player who moved, for free!
- For Example: When Gordon Hayward moved in free agency from the Utah Jazz to the Boston Celtics and you qualify for Jersey Assurance you can get a replacement jersey of a player on the Utah Jazz or a Gordon Hayward on the Boston Celtics. The new jersey will be the exact same type of jersey. Thus, if you originally ordered a women’s Nike Swingman jersey, the jersey you’d receive would also be a women’s Nike Swingman jersey.
- For jersey damage claims, Fanatics will replace your jersey with the exact same jersey. So if your Gordon Hayward Boston Celtics Mens Nike Green Swingman jersey, size Large was damaged, you would be eligible to receive a Gordon Hayward Boston Celtics Mens Nike Green Swingman jersey, size Large.
Can I upgrade my replacement to a nicer jersey?
- Upgrades are allowed for player movement subject to availability. For player movement claims, while filing your claim with our Customer Service team, let them know you’re interested in upgrading. You will pay the difference between the then-current retail price of the replacement jersey and the price you paid for the original jersey.
What do I do with my old jersey?
- You’ll have to send your jersey back to us before we will send you a replacement jersey. Our friendly customer support team will send you a pre-paid return label after you file a claim in our help center. NOTE: You cannot use the return label that came in your original package for any Jersey Assurance™ claims.
Where do I find information about player movement?
I need to file a claim, what do I do now?
- It’s easy! Fill out some basic information on our online form found here and one of our dedicated Jersey Assurance™ support team members will be happy to help you get the process started!